Saturday, April 29, 2017

Week 14 - Week After Rome

So my weekend in Rome was actually amazing and quite terrible at the same time.  Lol  So it started off amazing and I had a great time on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday morning.  But then Monday and Tuesday were a little rough.  So Friday we got there and our air b&b that we booked was a disaster.  We got there at 10:00 am and it was supposed to be ready at 12:00 pm, so we walked around got lunch and just kind of killed some time.  Then we show up at the air b&b and it still isn't ready.  So the person we had booked through contacted us and said that she was sending her colleague to come clean the apartment.  Finally he arrived and the air b&b was absolutely disgusting so we canceled our reservation there, thankfully got our money back and went and got a hotel room which was at an amazing location, literally in the center of Rome 5 minutes from the Trevi Fountain, and about a 5-15 minute metro ride to anywhere else.  The room wasn't that expensive for 4 nights on Eater weekend for such short notice.  After this little mishap the trip turned around.  Saturday we went to the Roman Colosseum, Roman Forum, and had our cooking class.  Seeing these iconic sights in person was so surreal.  It was such an amazing experience.  I took so many pictures too. Lol  Then Sunday I went to Easter Mass at St. Peter's Basilica with Pope Francis.  This was such an amazing experience. However, later that day I got sick.  The rest of the weekend I had a fever and had a very angry stomach.  However, this did not stop me from doing other things.  Monday we went back to the Vatican City because St. Peter's Basilica and the Sistine Chapel were closed on Easter for obvious reasons, so I went back on Monday to see them.  However, when I went back the Sistine Chapel was still closed, but I did get to see St. Peter's Basilica which was absolutely amazing.  I can't wait to go back and see it again and see the Sistine Chapel.  Then we did some shopping and took it easy the rest of the day.  Then on Tuesday I travelled back to Bonn to take on the week.  The rest of the week was taken over by our Enmodes project that we presented on Thursday.  Presentations went well and finals took over.  Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment