Monday, April 10, 2017

Week 8- Omlette au Fromage

This blog took me the longest to write because I did so much in Paris and I feel like I can't remember all of it. Paris was definitely my favorite excursion of them all.

Day 1
We got to Paris pretty late since we spent the morning in Beaune. I was pretty stressed all day because I had to take a biochemistry exam online, but I managed to get it done in the 40 minute break that we took at the hotel. Then we ate dinner at the creperie and it was alright.

Day 2
We took a bike tour this day and it was one of my favorite parts of this entire program. I tried to stay in the front because I'm kind of claustraphobic and I hate crowds, but I kept accidentally cutting people off and I felt bad lol. I had a feeling that I was going to fall and I did. It was pretty anti-climatic and graceful, though, in my opinion. I had to wear a bandaid. I got to see the Arc de Triomphe and Notre Dame during our free time and that night we went to see the Eiffel Tower and it was okay. It was pretty dark outside and it lit up and blinked and stuff. I thought I was afraid of heights but I was okay so I guess I outgrew that or something.

Art

Day 3
There was an optional walking tour but I didn't go on it since I didn't feel like walking. During our free time, Chelsea, Cerci, Mercy, and Alexa and I went to see the Luxembourg Garden and the Eiffel Tower during the day. I love everything in nature, so I had a really good time getting to see more of the outdoors in Paris. That afternoon, we went to the Louvre and saw a ton of art. I'm usually not interested in art, but I think it's cool when it's super old and famous. I was amazed at how big the actual museum was. I finally got to see the Mona Lisa after seeing it in so many movies and it was pretty underwhelming. I knew it was going to be small, but not that small.

Day 4
Art
We went to Versailles and it was amaaaaazing. It was a bit extra, but it was one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen. I wasn't as excited to see the inside, but the garden was perfect. We got to eat lunch in the garden and I almost tried goat cheese but I decided not to.
We stayed an extra day in Paris so that we could spend time with Stephenie's mom and just start early the next day. I am so glad we did because we got to ride the ferris wheel and have a nice sit-down dinner. Our hotel room was also really nice. Up next is spring break and I am really excited to visit Dublin, Lisbon, and Barcelona.







We rode it to the top and it wasn't scary
The view from Stephenie's mom's flat

No comments:

Post a Comment