Monday, April 10, 2017

Bingen, Belgium, and Beer - Week 12

This week Monday started out with a Physiology exam. On Tuesday we traveled to Bingen, Germany. In Bingen we went to the Hildegard Von Bingen museum, which was very interesting since we just learned about her in history of medicine. Here is a picture of us just relaxing by the Rhine.
Wednesday and Thursday was spent working on our group project since we have that presentation coming up very soon. On Wednesday I also went to go see the cherry blossoms in Bonn since they are in full bloom and don't stay this way for a very long time. Early Friday morning I got one of the worst calls of my life. My mom called to tell me that one of my very good friends I grew up with lost his battle with cancer. I have never wanted to be home with my family more than ever. It has really been a struggle for me the past couple of days. Thank goodness I had the best people I could ask for in Brugge because they truly helped me get through. In Brugge we got to explore the gorgeous city and of course stuff our faces. We had to try the Belgium fries, waffles and you can not forget the beer. The beer was the best beer I have ever had. We got to go on a brewery tour which was really cool because it has the longest beer pipe line in the world. On Sunday we slept in and then decided that we wanted to go to the beach. The beach was so beautiful and was a perfect place to take a walk and clear my head for a little while. I do have to say though that the North Sea was extremely cold. After a relaxing afternoon it was back to reality and Bonn.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment