Sunday, April 30, 2017

Week 12: Spring and School

The weather has been fairly nice and sunny lately. I have been wanting to spend all my time outside. Sadly, I also have a bunch of school work I need to do for my exams. I have been cheating a little and have been studying outside on my host families balcony. Its nice and protected from the wind but is still sunny. I was super determined to get a good grade in physiology this time. I spent a large amount of time studying really hard. I find everything we are learning actually pretty interesting.

You know spring is here because all the flowers are blooming and everything just seems so light and airy. There is this absolutely gorgeous area in Altstadt where there are cherry blossom trees lining the street and creating a beautiful, flowery archway over the road. I have honestly never seen anything like it. I have spent some time just wandering the streets taking in all the beautiful things.

We decided to have a nice little bonfire by the river just because the weather has been good. We made a really nice set up on a beach and found drift wood to burn. It was a lot of fun. There was a lot of laughing and silliness. The only problem was how cold it was. There was a pretty heavy wind as well that made everything worse. After several hours we gave up on the bonfire and went clubbing. This was also the first time the Alexa has had alcohol since she broke her foot. She was finally out of the boot and ready to have fun. We did keep her from going clubbing just so she wouldn't accidentally hurt herself.

I also went to Nüremberg with Kadeja. It was a really nice to be in Bavaria and eat bavarian food, and see the architecture. We went hiking, and cave exploring which was a lot fun. Kadeja and I made a game of making up the history of the maze just because the tour was in german. We also went and saw Courtroom 600 where the Nazi trials were held. Another cool place that we saw was the old Nazi Rally Grounds.  It was interesting to see how Hilter was trying to build his legacy but failed. We stayed in this amazing 500 year old house. I loved Nüremberg and would not mind going back some day.

No comments:

Post a Comment