Monday, April 10, 2017

Week 12

Monday: Test day. I couldnt fall asleep last night so i was salty in the fact that I wasted two hours last night staring at my basement ceiling neither studying nor sleeping. I woke up early and got to the AIB by 8:15. I studied till 11:15, so got a nice little cram session in. The test went alright. some of the questions were tricky but overall I think I reasoned the tricky ones out fairly well. After the test I worked on some VIBs assignment and some ISYS assignments. It is crazy how fast this semester went by! we only have 1 more month left here in germany. It is most definitely bitter-sweet. There are a lot of things I miss about home that i am really ready to enjoy again, but I know when I get home I will have a lot to miss about germany.

Tuesday: Tuesday we went on a field trip. We had to wake up early-ish and meet at the old AIB. I fell asleep on the way to bingin. We went to an interesting museum about hildegarde. The museum also had a bunch of roman surgical tools. After that we went to lunch and had an assortment of small dishes. It was a good lunch, but not super filling. The 2 glasses of wine put me straight to sleep though on the bus ride to the next museum. the next museum in the guys basement I liked much more. he had some really cool old medical devices and tools. it would be interesting to meet the other 87 club members. After the museum tour we got gelato and got back on the bus. we got back around 7 and I headed home to cook chicken pesto and do my laundry. My host dad had me help him get some trees from the forrest for their central heating.

Wednesday: We only had enmodes on Wednesday. That went well we are working well as a team now. I took a nap after that. It was a good nap. Then I went home and cooked myself some leftover chicken pesto. Around 6:30 I headed back into bonn to meet up with the group for a bonfire on the small beach on the other side of the rhine. The bonfire was fun we hug out on the side of the river from around 8-11. It was a a really fun time.

Thursday: the day went on with out many events. I was really tired so I ended up taking a pretty good nap during the day. I was rudely awakened to Michelle crying so I had to change napping rooms.

Friday:class went per usual. Dr. Wasser surprised us with 40 euro cash (Hell yeah brother!) so we got done with enmodes and then went to go get sushi as a group of like 8. We went to the sushi place right across from bonsch it was super mediocre. After that alexa and I decided we would spend the money that Wasser gave us on a day trip to Bruges. We decided to go with the Flixbus nightbus. I then went home to eat and prepare for the bus ride. I got to alexas around 10 and we went to rewe to stock up on snacks. we got to the bus stop over by the museum about an hour early and so I read my GoT. We got on the bus around 1:10 in the morning and I passed out almost immediately and only woke like 2-3 times.

Saturday: We got to Bruges around 6:45. It took us about 10-15 minutes to walk to the hostel where the rest of the group was. We woke them up, changed, brushed our teeth, and was out of the hostel by 8. The waffle place they wanted to go to didnt open till 11 so we got coffee and started to walk around the town. the windmill pictured below was seen then (fig.1) after that we went to the waflle place. The waffles were overrated in my opinion, I much more prefer my texas shaped waffles from la quinta. After that we went to the half mann brewery and toured their beer making facility. it was really cool and I enjoyed the beer given at the end. After that we went to have a snack of fries and a burger. My goal of the day was to try the largest of variety of belgium beers. After that we went on a boat tour on the canals/river. After that we went to some chocolate bar and all had some chocolate. the chocolate was super rich and kinda made my tummy hurt. maybe just a bad mix of beer and chocolate. Everyone was pretty whipped after that so we headed to the park and most of us passed out on the lawn. I took the time to try out two more beers. I had spaghetti for dinner. after that we went back to the hostel to get our bags and change into our bus attire. we got back on the bus at 10PM and I again passed out.

Sunday: We got off the bus at 4:15 AM. very early. We went back to our beds and I slept in till about 12PM. I made myself some chicken nuggets for lunch then headed to the rhine in bad godesburg. We sat out on the rhine from about 3:30-6 or 7 I think. Enough time for me to get a little pink sunburn. We had a very good donner for dinner.


Fig.1  Kenneth featuring a belgium Windmill


No comments:

Post a Comment