Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Week 13

Monday - thursday till when we got out of school: School not really that interesting that week. Enmodes seemed to go well. we made a lot more progress this week than we had previously. We learned a lot from our mock presentation and we have a lot to work on.  I took my 2nd to last ISYS test and got an A on it. So now I only have a few more assignments and a final and I am done with that class. physiology class is alright. I much more enjoy nephrology over nerves and muscle.

Thursday: I went to the bank with Dr. Wasser and he gave us 100 euro!! Big help!
I got to Bonn HBf and realized the ticket I bought earlier that week was for 01:38:/ so I had to buy a new ticket. Luckily I still made it to frankfurt airport on time. I got there with about 30 minutes to spare when I got to the gate. I read GoT. When I got on the plane I started to work on my VIBS311 essay that was due on saturday. I wrote about 450/1200 words until i lost all my gumption. I landed in Zagreb and ich habe gross hunger. but the airport was so small that there was no food. It was about an hour layover and I boarded a plane to dubrovnik. I landed at our final destination around 11 and I bought a ticket to the old city it was only around $5. When I got to the old city I got really excited because it looked exactly like kings landing in GoT. It took me about 20 minutes to find the hostel and I finally got in bed around 12:15

Friday: I woke up early to get a good start on the day because it was supposed to be good weather. It turns out the guy sleeping in the bunk bed next to me was an aggie as well from dallas. I walked around the city early enough to see it all before the big cruise crowds arrive I had a ham and cheese omelet for breakfast. I walked around the city walls for a while and had a coffee overlooking the ocean. I met some really old cool people and talked to them. old people are so nice. especially the ones who take cruises they are so happy. After the wall I got myself some beers and headed down to the beach. I took my shirt off, tanned, drank my beers, and read Game of Throwns for about 2 hours until i got too sunburned. I then went back to the hostel got my things and left. I had a late lunch/ early dinner and had a big fish dinner. I then made my way to the bus terminal. The bus was an hour late.. apparently this is normal for eastern europe. so the bus was an hour late and then this dude tried to sneak on the bus so they had the police come and drag him off. Anyways the bus trip was supposed to be 3 hours and turned into a 5 hour one. That was okay. I spent the time finishing my essay. I sat next to a Italian muslim man who wore a turban and looked exactly like professor quirrell from harry potter. We talked a good while and made decent friends. he had taken a 9 hour ferry from italy. wow that is a long ferry. I made it to Mostar, Bosnia and I was picked up by one of my friend's friend. He drove me to the hostel. I was reunited with my friend that I met in Bangkok earlier this year. his name was taso. After I got settled in he took me out to eat to a place where he had eaten since he was a child. He seemed to know everyone in town. The food was absolutely delicious. It was like semi-turkish. Tons of fresh pita bread and tons of flame roasted meat. very lecker. after dinner we went to a pub that he frequented often. We hung out with some of the other hostel patrons and caught up. After that we went to a club that he also knew everyone at. the club was different bc they allow smoking inside.

Saturday:we woke up and went on an adventure around bosnia. we had breakfast by europes largest spring( ithink) and had some bosnian meat pie. after that we went to an ancient ottoman castle. after that we went to some water falls and went swimming in very cold water. We got back to the hostel and was very tired. Taso and I went to dinner around 9. I was very hungry. He took me out to a nice itallian place and bought me a steak dinner so that was pretty neat. We went to bed kinda earlyish because we were so tired.

Sunday: Suday I woke up and it was raining so I worked on some school stuff until my bus was to leave. I caught the bus back to drubrovnik where it was still raining for a little while. After it stopped raining I went down to the pier and drank a beer and just looked at the ocean. After that I walked to the other side of the old city and sat on the sunset side and watched the sunset and had a beer. After that I went to dinner. It was kinda awkward because i couldnt decide where I wanted to eat but i for sure wanted some seafood. I finally found a place, but I was the only one eating in there so it was super awk, but the meal was lecker.







No comments:

Post a Comment