Monday, May 4, 2020

Week 9

Instead of traveling to Spain or somewhere else in Europe, I decided to go back home in Fort Worth. It's good to be back home! So my family and I explored Dallas of all places. We got to see lots of new museums and ate at a really cool Mexican restaurant. We mostly stayed around the DFW area because since the COVID started to pick up in the US, but that didn't affect our time together. Being home is awesome because there is good home food and I got to also see my friends. I had split my spring break into half with family and half with friends. This sounds easy but since everyone has different schedules or things to do, it was kinda hard but it was all figured out. 

On Thursday, the news was starting to announce that all European flights to the US are going to be blocked. This was alerting because I didn't know how this would affect the study abroad. But surely enough, the next day, Texas A&M announced that everyone abroad is to return. This was such devastating news because not only was I leaving my German family behind but the entire experience was being left. I also left basically all of my clothes in Germany. 

This bummed out my spring break, but I guess its fortunate that I'm already here and don't have to worry about getting on the next flight home :/

No comments:

Post a Comment