Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Week 15: Enmodes Presentation

This week was craaaaazy. Since I mentioned how unprepared we were last week for this presentation, we really had to crunch a lot of work in so little time. I think we did a good job of distributing the work equally between us but we all still worked on the project for the entire week from 10am-midnight. I primarily worked on the animations and let me tell you that was THE WORST. The human model that we were ale to obtain in order to demonstrate our device was so annoying. The joints would never move in the way I would want. Sometimes they moved in completely random ways that wasnt even close to what I had anticipated. Moving a leg or forearm would result in the entire body collapsing like a crushed can of soda. Even if the body positions didn't mess up, the actual animation was often clunky or moved oddly and I would have to keep redoing it. By the time I was finished with my initial set of animations I had already been so over with working on this portion of the project. YET I HAD TO DO 3 MORE SEPARATE TRIALS OF ANIMATIONS AFTER OUR PROFESSORS REVIEWED THEM. While I appreciated the feedback to make it look more smooth and professional, I did not like having to completely restart in order to correct a small sketch plane that was visible in the animation or something similar. I could not simply reopen my previous animations as upon saving them, the body assembly became completely destroyed and unusable. In the end the work was worth it as I felt we had given a very good explanation and impressed the Enmodes Team

No comments:

Post a Comment