Monday, May 4, 2020

Week 14 - Exams at Zoom University

This week, I had my first exam since being back in Texas, and it was in Physiology. I love learning physiology, but I struggled so much to pay attention while being home. Thank goodness Dr. Wasser records the lectures so that I can make sure I don't miss anything! The exam wasn't too terrible because I spent so much time studying. This weekend also marked my first weekend back at work. I worked the Saturday shift as a Veterinary Technician. My first case was a dog with gastro-intestinal upset. We ran some bloodwork because the dog was 10 years old and had other health issues, and discovered that not only did this dog have an infection (White Blood Sell count of 2300+!!) but was also EXTREMELY diabetic!! That was certainly a shock to everyone involved! Luckily, we caught it before he entered ketoacidosis and we gave him proper treatment, but it was certainly a crazy case to enter back into!

No comments:

Post a Comment