Monday, May 4, 2020

Week 8

It's almost Spring Break! But I still haven't decided where I want to go... My family and I were originally going to travel to Italy but because of COVID-19 we are not able to. This brought a lot of troubles because flights had to be canceled and long phone calls trying to get our money back. In the end, all our plans were canceled and we didn't even get 50% refund for our flights. This was a huge disappointment!

Now I have to decide where I want to go: Spain or Texas. I took a long time to decide but I ultimately chose to go back home for Spring Break. I made this decision because I wanted to be with my family and I had already been to Spain. However, I wouldn't be able to travel with my friends.

So on the day I was to travel to Texas, it was the most stressful schedule ever!!! My flight from Koln to London - Gatwick was delayed because of construction and air traffic. The problem here, is that my second flight is from London - Heathrow to DFW. There is a 1.5 hr distance between Gatwick and Heathrow and the two flights were 4 hours apart. So when I arrived to Gatwick, my bus had already left and so I quickly had to buy another bus ticket to Heathrow. I found one that was about to leave in 10 min after buying the ticket. I then arrived to Heathrow and checked in 1 minute before I could no longer check in!!!!!! In between transportations I was running around with my luggage trying to make it on time to each transportation. I finally got to the airport and flew 10hrs to DFW!

The flight to DFW was empty and I got an entire row to myself for the entire flight which was awesome! Now I am home, and its time to relax with the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment