Monday, May 4, 2020

Week 10: Return to the US/ Whole Week Off of School


It all started when we got an email during spring break that we had to figure out how to get back in the US by the next Tuesday. I was in Copenhagen on spring break at the time we got this email, and that morning I had a flight to Amsterdam planned. In the airport waiting for my flight I called STA to rebook my flight. I was put on hold for about 2 hours and then I had to hang up because I needed to board the flight. Once we arrived in Amsterdam and made it to our hotel, I called STA again and waited for a good 3 hours before they answered and were able to rebook my flight. Fast forward to night in Bonn before my departure. My host family was very upset that I was leaving and said they wished they had more time with me. They were super sweet and gave me a book about Bonn that was written in German and English so that I would always remember the time I spent in Bonn. I miss them and really need to contact them to make sure there okay. Anyways the next morning a Taxi picked me up at 3:30 in the morning to take me to the train station and then to the Frankfurt airport. The fight from Frankfurt to Chicago was long but not too bad. When we arrived in Chicago, we had to go through checkpoints to make sure we didn’t have any symptoms of the virus. Once we got through that we waited for our flight to Houston and met this girl trying to get back to Mexico because of the virus. Then my parents picked me up from the airport and the two-week self-Quarantine began.  

No comments:

Post a Comment