Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Week 8 Spring Break


strong. I didn’t seem to have much of my own time outside of classes, finishing assignments and studying for exams and it was a real mental test to work consistently. I especially felt like that since I was behind on schoolwork due to awful internet connection in the Airbnb in Berlin (get used to that inconvenience) so everything kind of piled onto me. But regardless I emphasized taking care of my mental and physical health by working out when I got too stressed and got enough sleep throughout the day. Once the week had finally finished, I could not be prouder of myself! I get to enjoy my spring break in the beautiful country of Spain without having schoolwork in the back of my mind since I completed everything on time. Although I have only been in Spain for a couple of days now it is easily my favorite place I have visited so far! I’m very grateful to be a part of a traveling group that ¾ of us can speak Spanish and its been very easy for us to get where we need to! We have tried to be a little more structured in our daily activities in comparison to Berlin and it’s been really great since we are constantly experiencing something new. So far, we’ve been able to visit beautiful bonsai/botanical gardens, huge plazas and parks where everyone is out enjoying the sunshine and having picnics in the fields. There are also dozens of palaces that have been converted into public centers, museums, art exhibits and many other things. I also haven’t been disappointed by a single meal! Our first stop was tacos but we’ve also had the opportunity to enjoy bull steak, Spanish style tortas, delicious sea food and have had lots of delicious drinks such as sangrias, margaritas, mojitos as well. In contrast to other countries, Spain is quite a bit pricier with many meals (and even drinks sometimes) starting at 10 euros but that doesn’t mean you can’t find cheaper options. If you are also looking to find clothing or accessories Spain is loaded with market centers with local vendors selling cheap jackets, shoes, jewelry and other clothing for around only 10-15 euros. I picked up some pretty fashionable things for cheap and look forward to what else I can collect.

No comments:

Post a Comment