Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Texas Week 7 and 8

Since the enmodes project, it's been all about finals, and I think they've been going pretty well. I've spent most of my time studying, which hasn't been super exciting, but it's alright. After the 3rd physiology test, I came back to Bryan, and I went back to campus again this week to hang out in a hammock in the Academic Plaza, and I ran into a couple friends while I was there. It was nice to see them and talk to people outside of my family, even if we were still social distancing. Rachel came with me to work on her roller blading, which was also pretty fun. I started re-reading The Kite Runner, and that book is really exceptional. Our last final was for history of medicine this morning, and now I'm writing this blog post while we're doing final evaluations for Mats and Dr. Wasser. I miss everyone a lot, and it's hard knowing that this might be the last time we'll all "be together." It's also hard knowing that today is the day we'd be leaving Germany and coming home, and instead we've been home for 7 weeks and haven't been able to see each other or go out to bars in Bonn or study at coffee shops or travel anywhere else. I'm still mourning the loss of the last 2 months in Germany a little bit, even though I've accepted it. I think it might be easier after today, when I would've been home anyway, but right now that just reminds me of the time we lost there. I miss Gesine and Mats and Bosse and Homei and the Korean BBQ restaurant and the pasta food truck, and I'm really sad that I never got to see the cherry blossoms in Bonn, but I know I'll be back someday. Hopefully I'll be able to go with friends from the program so we can finish out some parts of our experience together. To close it out, here’s a video that Gesine sent me a few days ago and absolutely made me cry. I miss Bonn a lot, but this definitely isn’t an experience I’ll ever forget.

https://youtu.be/tym8uqshX7s



No comments:

Post a Comment