Saturday, May 2, 2020

April 5th through 19th

I am combining two weeks of blogging. Honestly, quarantine has not been eventful enough to write two whole blogs out of these mind-numbingly boring fourteen days.
Throughout quarantine, I continued studying and doing schoolwork at a decreasing rate as the quarantine continued. I began to realize how much I missed the freedom of being able to drink in the streets and travel to virtually any European country at any time. I felt trapped and vitamin D deficient at times. I found some escape in walking my dog and taking thirty minute showers but I always had a dwindling feeling of boredom. Thankfully, I have been able to distract myself from the existential dread by playing video games with my friends and zooming with Jack and Jen.
Easter weekend had a little bit of excitement (at least as much excitement as one can get during an endless quarantine). We had a nice family meal with ham, rolls, and veggies. My mom hid Easter eggs around the living room, so I have been picking those up and eating candy out of them at random intervals throughout the week.
During the week of April 12th, my grandmother and uncle managed to figure out how to set up a zoom call. I got to talk to them for a good hour, so that was nice. Overall, these two weeks were fairly boring, but the next week was a bit better (at times) as we had the Enmodes project to distract us.
I am very much looking forward to actually being able to see my friends again.

No comments:

Post a Comment