Saturday, May 2, 2020

Enmodes Project Week

Finally, the week of reckoning is upon us. There were few classes the week of April 19th. Dr. Wasser wanted us to spend most of our time preparing our final presentation for Enmodes. After Tuesday, the fun began. Our group, Donatello, my personal favorite Ninja Turtle, got on Zoom at 9:00 AM Wednesday and worked on our slideshow until late that night. Thursday was much of the same. One slide I worked on involved sending collected data to the cloud for use in a separate app. My mom works for google in this field, so I had her help me figure out how to actually make the cloud services work in reality. Travis, Dr. Wasser, and the TAs gave us critiques throughout the process of building our presentation. At first, the critiques seemed necessary and really helped our presentation make sense; however, the critiques seemed very nitpicky as we got late into Thursday night. Although I was not happy about the continual changes we had to make at the time, I am glad they continued to push us to make every possible improvement, because the presentation turned out very well and looked very clean. I learned a lot from Dr. Wasser, Travis, and the TAs on how to make an effective presentation.
On Friday, each group had to give their presentations to the Enmodes team. Everyone had clearly prepared well and put maximum effort into their projects. Although technical difficulties over zoom were expected, each presentation went extremely smoothly. Our project seemed to have the least amount of questions asked afterwards (it was still quite a few however), which I hope means that we had the best presentation. Overall, I am proud of the work that everyone from the study abroad put into to making their projects as presentable and effective as possible. It was nice to have a drink with everyone one last time at the end of presentations, even if it was over zoom.

No comments:

Post a Comment