Monday, May 4, 2020

Week 17 - Final Exam and Final Thoughts

This week is my last round of exams of my undergraduate career. It feels a little bittersweet because I was supposed to take these in Germany, but I know that we are safer in the states. While going through the process of getting sent home, I went through so many different emotions. Anger, frustration, sadness, and even a little regret. I regretted not going to more places before leaving Europe, I was angry that we were being sent home, and I was sad to be leaving my host family so soon. Even though the rational part of me knew that we were being sent home for our own safety, I was angry that our time in Europe was being cut short. Regardless of being sent home, I will cherish the bonds I have formed on this study abroad forever. Some bonds I didn't see coming, but I will hopefully carry them on for the foreseeable future. Hopefully I will go to Europe again. There are so many countries I want to see someday. This probably won't happen until I get out of Vet School, but it gives me something to work for in the meantime!

No comments:

Post a Comment