Friday, March 8, 2019

Week 7- "That's Karneval baybee" - Masha

Week 7, we finally got to the best season in Germany, Karneval! During the week we had a lot for academics, we had a Physiology exam and right after we had to start studying for our upcoming Genetics exam. My entire weekend was spent preparing and studying for my Genetics test, but on the weekend, I tried a new church in Bad-Godesberg. I really enjoyed it! It is an international church, so they had headphones I could wear, and someone translated the sermon into English during the entirety of the service. The worship was my favorite part. I go to Grace Anderson back in College Station and to hear familiar songs like Reckless Love and Good Good Father in German was amazing to experience. I thought it was really neat how people all over the world are singing the same songs I sing at church Sunday mornings. I am joining a bible study through the church and am excited to start attending these! 

I went to Cologne Monday morning for Karneval and loved it. We left Bonn around 8:30AM and got a front row spot on the parade route. We got so much Kamelle and flowers, it was great! It started pouring rain, but thankfully I bought a $5 umbrella from Bonn HBF right before we left, it saved my life. Finding my way back to the main station in the rain and with hundreds of people was honestly so stressful, but I finally found my way back and got home early to study for Genetics and head to class that evening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment