Sunday, March 10, 2019

Krazy Karneval

This week we only had three days of classes thanks to the AMAZING holiday of Karneval. But before we could begin celebrating we took our Physiology test the Wednesday before Karneval. Honestly I felt really prepared for the test, and it ended up not going as well as I thought it would. This was definitely a bit disappointing, but at the end of the day I had learned the material well all thanks to Anki and needed to just focus on understanding Dr. Wasser's questions. I am grateful that I am enjoying this class so much. The human body is so intricate and interesting.

After the test week it was time to celebrate! We walked in an AIB parade for Karneval with crazy wigs and balloons on our heads. It was so much fun to be able to throw candy to the kids. After that Thursday Madyson, Joshua, and I headed to Heidelberg, Frankfurt, and Mainz for the weekend. I was excited to be visiting Heidelberg because my sister had studied abroad there for a couple of weeks when she was in high school and had highly recommended it to me. This ended up being one of my favorite cities that I visited thus far. We went to the botanical gardens, walked up to the castle and saw the view of the whole city, and saw an anatomy museum with human plastinations.





On saturday we went to frankfurt to see a concert mady and I had bought tickets for at the beginning of the semester. During the day we explored the botanical garden (this was a common theme of the weekend), snuck up to the top of a sky scranner to see the view and pretend to look at the menu, and then went to see Maggie Rogers in the evening.



Then on Sunday we headed to Mainz, which turned out to be really fun because it was a city that celebrates Karneval. So the whole day there were floats, and food stands, and people walking around the city center. I also got to go to Mass at a beautiful Cathedral in the city.







We fit so much into the weekend, but still managed to have so much fun even with all the traveling! I will miss this crazy lifestyle when I get back to the states.

No comments:

Post a Comment