Monday, March 11, 2019

Tough Week, Sweet Ending


This past week was really tough. With major assignments and tests, it was intense and myself and other students studied late into the night and early in the morning to finsih . When Friday rolled around, I was exhausted but still had to keep going. There was still one more assignment due at 5 pm. It is almost spring break, I told myself. You can do it. Your family flies in today!! So, after an afternoon  in the AIB library. I was finally finished. I rushed out of the AIB into the cold crisp air. It was time to go finally hang out with my family. I went to my parents hotel where I stayed for about an hour eating, talking, laughing, and telling them all the recent stories about study abroad. My younger siblings fighting in the background over who would sleep where. I quickly began yelling at them again to get along. It was like I had never left. Oh sibling love. But soon the jet lag had them falling asleep and I returned to my host family's house. When I came through the door, I saw my host dad working on the computer. I greeted him and asked him how he was in German. He said good and then asked how I was. I replied "Zehr Gut." He said "I can tell. You must be very happy to see your family." I definitely was.

The next day was filled with my family getting to know my host family as we exchanged gifts and stories. We went to church in the morning and went hiking to Dragonesburg in the afternoon where we took pictures and I watched as my siblings bounced along the rocks up the hills as I lunged up the hill with much effort.
 I need to get to their 12 and 7 year old energy levels. Their like little mountain goats. After a long but fun day, my family returned to the hotel. I was so grateful for having such a good day and hugged my host mom and thanked my host dad for all they had done in making that day so special.  The day finished off with me talking to my two best friends on facetime late into the night. There is nothing like a little bit of home to lift you up after a difficult week!

No comments:

Post a Comment