Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Karneval and Enmodes Group

With spring break coming close its getting harder to focus on school. I’m tired of not doing well this semester and kinda wish I was the student I was back in college station. I just know that for the next physiology exam I need to prepare earlier and learn things differently. As for enmodes my group, we are getting very excited for the project. We got the topic of patient mobility with ECMO so our idea is to use an electric walker to assist the weak patient with walking. For the most part our group is getting along pretty well. We just sometimes have conflicting ideas. For example, the tubing has to be stored somewhere on the body discretely, some people think a backpack is a better and some think a vest or jacket is a better idea. I guess we will see in the next few weeks if we choose a vest or backpack or maybe both or neither. As for intercultural workshop I am very excited to see Mats again and have him teach us more about being open to new cultures. 
Karneval had its first big day on Thursday which was womens day. Our school made us walk the parade and when I first heard we were walking the parade I was kinda upset because I wanted to get the candy, not give it out. However, the experience is one ill never forget. I wore a blue wig along with the rest of the girls and got an AIB sweatshirt to wear to the parade. I outfit was pretty boring until they gave us world balloons to put on top of our heads. This made the outfit just odd but it was okay. When the parade started I saw so many adorable children in cute costumes, this made me give out all my candy before the parade was over.  I got to see some cool costumes and even better I got to meet some of the other students from the other universities. Overall it was a fun way to spend my Thursday morning. All the excitement that day made me even more excited for the parade in Cologne that would be on Monday. I ended up buying a ladybug costume to wear, however I knew the weather was going to be cold so I put tights, a turtleneck, and rainboots with the outfit. I left my house early with everything including a new bottle of vodka, and some alcoholic fruit drink. My friends and I got to Cologne early with many hours to buy more alcohol and find a good spot for the parade. When the parade started I got many flowers and candy, however as the alcohol began to sink in the candy and flowers I received began to decline. I was to drunk ask or make eye contact with anyone in the parade. When we left the parade it took my friends and I over two hours to get home. It only took us this long because we were drunk and decided to try something new instead of going the old way home. I learned one thing that day, don’t drink to early because you end up not focusing on the thing you came for and end up doing things you wouldn’t have done sober. 

No comments:

Post a Comment