Sunday, March 24, 2019

The Wynns in Bonn

The week after spring break was somewhat uneventful class wise. I'm learning a lot in German but am sturggling a bit with physiology. I hope to find a good way to study soon. The lab exam is coming up and I'm very grateful for Sarah's help. History of medicine, as always, is covering all sorts of interesting amterial and is one of my favorite calsses. I got sick again which I usually don't get sick this much back home. Thankfully this time my parents were here. The Wynns toured Bonn! I missed my Mom and Dad a lot so it was so nice to see them and break up the time that we were apart. They got a nice room in the Hilton so I got to splurge, my only complaint was there was no bathtub. But the free, unlimited breakfasts were amazing! I ate so much and packed some for later. I showed my parents the school and were I study and all the food places I frequent. My dad kept taking weird pcitures so I asked and he told me, you see this everyday so you don't understand how special it is. That meant a lot to me. I just had to laugh when he took a picture of my favorite fry place! We didn't do many museums since we didn't have the time but we did walk along the Rhein and the weather was pretty nice. They got to meet some friends and I was so sad to see them go.
I'm very close with my mother so it was hard seeing them go to travel Germany for the next week instead of staying with me. It was nice when they returned to the states though because then I could actually call and talk. When they were in Germany I studied too late to be able to talk to them at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment