Saturday, March 2, 2019

6th Week


6th Week
There were two very exciting experience I had for this week. First, on Thursday, the BIMS students went to Uniklinik, a teaching hospital of University of Bonn, and I got chance to see different surgeries of real patients. I was placed in the orthopedics department where I got to see hip socket and femoral implantation and also arm implantation. It was first somewhat very surprising because the physicians used hammers and electrical saws to break down and take out bones from patients. Since I have never seen any surgeries before, this sight in front of me was very astonishing but very fascinating and interested. I also learned about the job of anesthetists on what parameters they look out for patients’ stability. I observed how the jobs in surgeries are well-distributed among the nurses that one always look out of sterilization, two arrange the apparatuses, one helps out to physically adjust patients’ position and one right next to physicians and answers their requests immediately. All of this was such a valuable learning for me, and it was really helpful to visualize what I would like to do in my future. Secondly, on Saturday, some of the students and student workers in AIB went to watch the FC Koln game happening in the Koln soccer stadium. The atmosphere of the crowd was crazy and so cheerful that I have never seen back in South Korea or in U.S. Though most people were enjoying with drinking beer, I did not see anyone who is drunk and doing anything bad against anyone. I was glad that FC koln won the game by 3-1 thankful to the French player Modeste making two out of the three goals. I totally enjoyed the game but came back right after the game to Bonn because we have two tests due next week. This was my 6th week, and I am still in love with Deutschland.

No comments:

Post a Comment