Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Snap Back to Reality

We're back from spring break, and we got absolutely destroyed by homework. Just to quickly break it down, us engineers had signals and systems homework due Tuesday, medical device design due Wednesday, a design history file due Friday, differential equations due Friday night, and then extra credit and a homework due for signals and systems on Monday. Essentially, we worked from Monday to Sunday, so I guess that's what we get for having a week off. I feel really behind on pretty much every class except physiology, and that's gonna come back in bite me once the second round of testing comes around. Speaking of, we have a device design test next week, which better be easy for our sake. It's our final exam strangely enough, but that doesn't mean the class is over; we still have a whole DHF and tear down analysis to do. But, with the formal class ending, that means class time will be dedicated to those two projects thankfully. Upcoming, we have two homework assignments due while we're in Paris, so here's hoping we get those moved. All in all, school is the same great struggle as always, with no end in sight.

The temporary light at the end of the tunnel is France next week. We had the trip broken down by Mats this week, and it's looking to be a fun trip. I didn't know we were going to two other cities on the way to Paris, but I like that we are. Experiencing Paris will be fun, but experiencing France will be much better. My mother was actually baptized in the Notre Dame cathedral in Paris, so I plan on taking pictures to show her what it looks like nowadays. After the excursion officially ends Sunday morning, I'll stay in Paris with some of my other classmates. It'd be nice to travel somewhere else, but there really isn't enough time. I've also booked a trip to Florence in April, but it so happens to be the weekend before the big Enmodes week. That definitely wasn't a good idea but I'll cross that bridge when I get there. I paid for it, so I'm gonna go, and if I have to do some work while I'm there then no problem. Here in Bonn, the cherry blossom trees have bloomed and it's starting to look like spring finally, so hopefully the weather will follow suit.

2 comments:

  1. Also I'd like to point out that you made fun of me taking a pic of the cherry blossoms but here you are, posting a picture of the cherry blossoms

    ReplyDelete