Friday, March 8, 2019

Spring Break Prep (Week 8)

This week was all about getting my assignments done before Spring Break. My flight out of Cologne is early Saturday morning, so there were a few due Friday and Saturday that I wanted to get done a bit early. Honestly, though, up until Wednesday, I was just concerned about the second genetics exam. Genetics was pretty much the only thing I did until Wednesday night, when we took the exam. In the few hours before the test, I was quizing Youngjun on all of my notes for the six chapters being tested. That was a really helpful review for me too and we got to clarify a few facts talking with Lindsay, who joined in for a bit. The exam itself went really well and I guessed correctly on a couple of questions, which I know because I googled said questions right after the exam. I was a bit worried though because I thought it was a pretty easy exam, even easier than the first test we had, but a few of the others came out of the exam saying it was really hard. So I didn't know what to think for a while. Just going to move past it and wait for grades, I guess.

I had one big assignment due later in the week, which my third writing assignment for Health Systems Planning; unfortunately, it took me longer than I thought it would. For Exploratory Narrative, I had to post a reflection of the two short stories, which was also due Wednesday, respond to others' reflections, and then do two peer reviews for our writing assignment from last week. My reflection being due Wednesday meant that I stayed up late to finish it. I didn't think it was worth completing before the genetics exam, since I wanted that time to review. The peer reviews and responses weren't a big deal though and I got through those pretty quickly on Friday.

Unfortunately, because of the exam and packing, I didn't get to spend much time with Astrid or Naja this week. It's Saturday now and my flight is at 0620 but I've been at the airport since around 2300 last night. The bus from Bonn to the Cologne airport (a 30-minute ride) doesn't start running until 0530 Saturdays, so I had to spend the night at the airport. I was really hoping to never have to do that again after Bergamo, especially since there is limited WiFi and very few outlets to charge my devices. In the future, I'll probably think twice when weighing the savings of an early flight to the discomfort and lack of sleep that comes with a night at the airport.

No comments:

Post a Comment