Saturday, March 30, 2019

Till next time France...Au revoir!

France was full of memories! Before we left for France we had two days of classes. I was sad that I would miss German on Wednesday but at least I had it Tuesday. We finished our tests then left for France Wednesday. Starting in Colmar, we visited the Isenheim altar. I'm not super into art but I liked this museum because of the building and exhibits. The religious panels were beautifully painted. After that we kept driving to Beaune, the French Bonn. It was a day full of travel on the bus, seeing the French countryside, so we slept hard that night. The next morning we went to Hotel Dieu which was lovely. The building was beautiful, the beds in the sick ward were wonderful and the history was fun to learn about. I can't wait for the apothecary garden installation. I also loved that they support older people with their revenue.
Next, we were off to Paris! Our hotel was nice and the group dinner at the creperie was so good. I love the times where everyone can just hang with each other. The next morning, we left early to go to the palace of Versailles. I enjoyed actually being able to control the tour and learn what you wanted to learn about since it was self-guided. I wish I had spent way more time in the gardens though. I heard a lot of history in the palace but it didn't stick and I missed the part that interested me the most, the grounds. I did get to walk through them a bit on the way to the meeting point. Once we gathered, we sat for a picnic thanks to the hard work of the teaching team. So yummy! The weather was perfect, too. We did some yells since it was pull out day back home and the sophomores wanted to be able to whoop. It was such a fun memory because an older Aggie heard us across the garden and came to say hi. Once back in the city, we had an amazing dinner with delicious food and wine. Unfortunately we had such a good time we didn't leave for the Eiffel tower in time. We got there late and didn't get to go up to the top floor. The height scared we but I got to chat with friends and take lots of pictures. After our long day, we headed back for a good nights rest.
Saturday, we did a city walking tour which I absolutely loved. Julien is so nice and a really good guide. After seeing the Notre Dame, which tragically burned a few weeks later, we went to the louvre on a medicine dedicated tour. Honestly I didn't have that much fun. I am not super into art so I thought that was why but others felt the same. The tour was cool but we missed most of the highlights and more than anyhting it was way too long. It was hot in the building too. Once it was over we went to a lovely quarter in Paris and ate dinner on our own. I bought some neck/head scarves for my sister in law (to be) and enjoyed walking down the streets. I love macaroons so it was a fun but expensive time. On our way back to the hotel, Joshua, Ana, and I decided to walk back to enjoy the city the way Mats recommended. I have to say, I recommend it too. It was still beautiful at night and we got to enjoy boba. That night I had to write a paper and get ready for the time change because I'm going to Palma for our two day break! I'm excited to see the Mediteranian and hopefully catch some rays.

No comments:

Post a Comment