Monday, March 25, 2019

Glad to be back in Bonn!



It’s funny how a place and a group of people can start to feel like home for you after such a short period of time. I thoroughly enjoyed spring break with my family, but at the end of the week I was excited to be heading back to Bonn. It really hit me that we were just about half way through the program. I really want to cherish every moment, because I know that it won’t last forever. Getting back to classes was not the most fun thing in the world. This week we had a lab exam and more physiology lectures. Both of those classes are starting to get more complicated, but I love the challenge. Muscle physiology has been one of my favorite things we’ve learned so far. 

The sunday I got back was St. Patrick’s day, so a group of us went to an Irish pub in Bonn. It was so much fun to be able to catch up with everyone and see how their spring break’s went! During that week I had really been wanting to travel since we were going to be heading to France the following week and weren’t going to have any major tests. Joshua and I decided to head to Trier and Luxembourg City on Saturday and Sunday and just do day trips so we wouldn’t have to pay for a place to stay. Both of these cities were definitely not on my radar at all before coming to Europe, I only decided that it would be fun to go because Madyson had recommended it. But unfortunately she wasn’t able to go with us because her parents were in town :( but I still ending up loving these cities so much! Trier had a lot of Roman history and was one of the oldest cities in Europe. My favorite thing about both Luxembourg and Trier was that both of the cities were very walkable, most of the top things to see were outside! At this point in the semester my planning skills have slowly been declining, but I'm not too mad about it. One of my favorite things has been to just go to a city and figuring out what I want to do on the spot. It makes the adventure more exciting! I usually am the type of person that likes to have everything figured out, Europe is slowly teaching me the importance of just letting everything happen and enjoying the moment. 










No comments:

Post a Comment