Friday, March 8, 2019

Week 6, sleeping in an airport is not for the weak at heart

During week 6 I went to Milan for the weekend and it was amazing! My favorite part of the trip was going to Lake Como for our second night there. Milan was a little crazy because they were having fashion week the same week we were there. If you are curious as to how fashion week was for us, ask Sebastian, he would LOVE to tell you all about his experiences of fashion week. But, in Lake Como we stayed in Bergamo the first night we got there and decided to walk to a close city the next morning called Varenna. The walk was only supposed to take an hour, but we kept getting distracted by the scenery in Italy that it took Masha, Sebastian, Kevin, and I about two hours to get from Bergamo to Varenna. The walk was fun, except the multiple times the sidewalk for pedestrians went away in the tunnels and we thought we were going to get hit by a car (CISI would have saved us). But, Varenna was the cutest little town and I am so thankful we decided to walk there. My best pictures from Italy all came from our walk and Varenna. Unfortunately, our time in Italy came to an end and we went to the Bergamo airport to, and this is the highlight of the trip, spend the night (sarcasm). This was the actual worst experience, I slept about an hour because the security kept coming by to wake people up, which was ~exciting. But, we finally made it home! Coffee and a croissant saved my life that morning when we got back to Bonn. 

For academics, that was a tough week, I had an online exam for my Communication class and a lot to study for Genetics, but I got through it and enjoyed my classes that week! During the week we got to go to Uniklinik and observe surgeries. I absolutely loved this opportunity. I want to work in surgery one day and had such a great time in the OR. I observed a Cardiopulmonary bypass surgery. It was a great opportunity for all of us to be able to see surgeries these two days, I was really thankful we were able to do that!


No comments:

Post a Comment