Monday, March 25, 2019

Spring BREAK

Obviously since it is spring break I will thankfully not have too much to write academics wise other than we had some homework due as soon as we got back after the break so you could say I was productive for a solid 30 minutes the entire break.

Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, I was still back at home in Texas for the after wedding festivities and enjoying time with the family and friends that had come a long way to be there. We went to where JFK was shot, the stockyards, Buc-ee's, and of course, Whataburger and Chick fil a. On Wednesday night, my plane was leaving from Dallas to London. I got to London on Thursday night (thanks time difference) and made my way directly to my hostel. I spent Friday in London all by myself, making it my first official solo trip and it was amazing. I was able to do whatever I wanted, at the pace I wanted. It did feel a little awkward and lonely from time to time, but I am sure the more I do it the more I would get used to it. That night, my brother was finally able to get to London after a couple missed flights, but it was already pretty late so we just went to a couple bars and then went back to our hostel. Saturday was the most touristy day of my trip. We saw the London tower and bridge (AMAZING), we got the VIP Champagne experience at the London Eye (AMAZING) and we explored more of the city and palaces, museums, and parks (SO AMAZING). That night I had a flight going to Dublin and my brother was meeting up with a friend in Oxford so we parted ways. If I could describe the negative side of London in a couple words: public transportation SUCKS and everything is too expensive.

Sunday was St. Patrick's Day, and what better way to spend it than in the one and only Dublin. Unfortunately, I was only in Dublin for not even a full 24 hours since we started classes back up on Monday, but I still enjoyed very much being a part of the parade and the true Irish festivities. I will definitely want to go back at some point to really see and experience the city.




I can't believe the semester is half way over. It feels as though I have been here for years and at the same time like I just got here. Seeing my family made me even more homesick once I came back, but I also know that my life has just begun and I have so much more of this world to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment