Monday, March 25, 2019

Pre-Spring Break

After all the Karneval festivities and having had a 4 day weekend, going back to class felt a little weird and I felt specially slow. Since we have also no upcoming tests, classes have been very packed with information and a ton of homework. On the enmodes side of school, we are on full throttle. We have been assigned our groups, our tasks and everything else we need to find the solution the company asked of us. It is getting very stressful realizing how little time we really have on the project since spring break is coming up and then the France excursion not too much after. I am very excited to see what our group is able to come up with though.

Every year I have been in school, Spring Break has been something everyone desperately longs for. The days are longer and warmer (at least in Texas) and it is a full week where you get to do whatever you want and go wherever you want with no responsibilities. This year, the need for Spring Break was not there (as much). The reason I have always longed for the break was because my family usually road trips somewhere or more recently we've gone skiing. But since pretty much every weekend since I have been in Europe I have been to a different country or a different city, Spring Break would be nothing more special. The one and most important thing that kept me looking forward to this weekend was my sister was getting freaking married. So on Thursday I flew back to Fort Worth, Texas (with a 12 hour layover in London) to help out a bit with the wedding that was on Saturday. What can I say other than my sister was the most beautiful bride and everyone (I mean EVERYONE) cried. We had a lot of family and friends that had flew in from Mexico so on Sunday we took some of them around Fort Worth and Dallas to show them a little of the city.

I am very very excited for next week when I will start my actual travelling and I will be accompanied by my brother through the majority of it. London and Dublin here I come.


No comments:

Post a Comment