Monday, March 18, 2019

My Wild Spring Break

Everybody got their plan to spring break and so do I.
My boyfriend traveled all the way from the US to Bonn to visit me for the spring break, so I plan to take a break from the group and travel with my boyfriend instead (I mean, of course, everybody would travel alone if their beloved comes to visit them).
So what I thinking was that I will travel to 5 difference capitals for my spring break since if I break it into a smaller number of days, it would be the same if I travel during the weekend. Plus, I also want to see if I will survive my plan or not. Let's start
Amsterdam: Typical tourist day.
It was kind of rainy when we got to Amsterdam Central. I hate it when it was raining (everybody hates it -.-). We arrived on Friday night. Since I was carving for some chickens, we went to have KFC for dinner (yep, I missed American food). Then we walked around the town a little bit and then headed to the Airbnb. The next day, we explored the town, had some traditional dishes and walked along the flower market. It was a typical day for a tourist. We stopped for some ice cream while it was raining outside. We also saw a protest on the street. And of course, we couldn't miss the red light street at night. It was pretty lit at night.

Brussels: Pickpocket
The first pickpocket I ever experienced was in Brussels. It happened after we left the hostel and headed to the town. We were walking and looking at the phone at the same time for the direction (This obviously make us look like a tourist). There was a guy that was in front of us stopped and looked at his jacket, pretended to search for something. We passed him, I put my guard down since nothing had happened to me so far, ever since I travel.  We kept walking until I looked at the glass door beside me and then turned to my boyfriend. I saw a hand in our backpack. I hit the hand (like a mother hit their child when they did something wrong). He immediately took his hand out and walk away. Lucky, we didn't lose anything. I didn't put any valuable things in the front of the backpack. Also, like broken college students, we don't have anything valuable to steal, except our old iPhone and passports.
We were pissed a little bit by that, but everything returns to normal. we enjoy our tour and hate the weather again. It was super windy. If I don't have anyone or anything to hold, I would be blown away by the wind. We went back to the hostel early since there not much to do in Brussels. Anyways, Brussels was all about a pickpocket and how bad the weather was for me.

Rome: Finally some sun.
Forget about the pickpocket and bad weather, and headed to Rome :))))
Hopped on the airplane and took a small nap, open your eyes, Welcome To Rome. Our Airbnb located pretty close to the town. After what happened in Brussels, I was really careful putting our stuff away when travel. Like what we did, we get some traditional dishes and visit all of the popular sites in Rome. We wish we got more time in Rome. We were kind of wasting our time in Brussels.


London: Construction destroyed the view
London is expensive. Lucky, we didn't spend that much time in London. One thing that I regret in London was letting my boyfriend getting a haircut. We spent around 33 dollars for a haircut (I know, it was quite stupid), we could have used that money for food (everything is about food, y'all know). Anyways, we went to the food market, get some lunch, and then headed to the town. Castel, palace, London eyes, cathedrals, everything look pretty, except the Big Bag. I was internally crying, why, whyyyyy? why construction? I couldn't see anything. I was walking for my whole entire day and what I saw is construction (T.T). Bruhhh, forget about the construction part I'm still pissed about it, let's focus on food. Food in London is expensive, we got some fish&chips and really cheap Indian food from the recommendation of our Airbnb. For dinner, I give up searching for a good cheap place to have dinner, since we were wasting our money on the haircut already. We ended up having dinner at China town. China town looked pretty at night, but you have to be careful in picking a restaurant over there.  My advice for those who want to eat some Chinese food in Europe countries or North America is: look inside, if there is a lot of Asian in there, it means the food is good; if there is not a lot of Asian, don't go inside. Trust me, Asian knows the taste of the food over there.

Paris: Peaceful but also annoying
Paris, the city of love. I like how peaceful it is. I and my boyfriend kept walking along the river from hour to hour. We love the view. Except for the police and ambulance. Broooo, the atmosphere was so nice and then suddenly, the alarm of the police and ambulance goes off, disrupt the whole entire mood. It is understandable, but it is too much for me. They are everywhere we go. My advice for this city is: BRING YOUR OWN EAR BUG.

After all, I survived, returned back to Bonn on Sunday morning. Relax to bring energy back to fight with the school, and say goodbye to my boyfriend for another few months (sadly, I am internally emotional crying right now).  It was a fun experience, a little wild with 5 countries in 9 days, carefully divided so we can explore most of the main sites in cities. I like the plan, and I would do it again if I have money.

No comments:

Post a Comment