Sunday, March 4, 2012

Week of Discoveries

 Besides studying my heart out this week for my Biochemistry test Friday and Physiology this Tuesday (yikes!), I have also made a few awesome discoveries. About a month ago, my host mom brought home a delicious bread with cinnamon clusters. Mixed with nutella and a cup of coffee, this bread was one of the best I have tried so far! Unfortunately, when asking her where I could find another, she told me it was only found in one bakery and had forgotten the name.

On Tuesday after being done with my classes, I headed home on the bus as usual. I got so caught up on the way playing a game, naturally, that I completely missed my bus stop. I waited for the last stop which wasn't far, so I could ask the driver how to get back. The last stop was at the Bonn University Clinic and of course, the driver knew as much English as I do German. He pointed to a stop close by and I sort of understood he would be passing there in the next 5 minutes. Once out in the fresh air, I noticed how beautiful the day was and decided to walk back. I had no idea where I was, typical Candy move, but didn't mind getting lost and knew it couldn't be so far. As I was walking, the bus passed right next to me and slowed down as it was getting closer. I turned and saw the bus driver give me the most funniest expression of all time. It was a mix of "What part of I'll be there in 5 minutes did you not understand?!" and "Where are you going?" I laughed so hard when I saw his face that it probably added to his idea of me being an idiot.

As I was walking home, I passed by a bakery and decided to walk in. That's when I saw it. The delicious bread was there! Not only did this make my day, but now I know this bread is only one stop away.

On Thursday, I asked Yesenia if she would join me on a library hunt since I've been in desperate need of one. I assumed the University of Bonn would have to have one for all their students, so we went from there. After getting directions from a student, we found they have a big library over looking the Rhine. Best part of all, it closes until midnight every day! With all these tests and my room getting TOO comfortable for me to study in, I think this was the best discovery this week.

I am probably going to live there from now on. :)

Tschuss y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment