Friday, March 9, 2012

Average of Four Hours of Sleep a Night? That's TOO Much Sleep!

So, Chibuzo and I have this motto, "Sleep when you're dead." This was a fitting motto at the beginning of this trip when our schedules were light and sleep was abundant. Those were the days... We would say this when we wanted to take a nap or not go out on the weekend, but still achieve a good 7 hours of sleep.

Now, I crave that sleep like a drug. These past two weeks have been rough, especially this week. As you can tell from the title, I did not get a lot of sleep. This is killing me. After going to Amsterdam this past weekend, I fell a little behind on work that I could have been doing instead of visiting Amsterdam, but hey, when else would I go to Amsterdam?!? Anyways, that was not a good start to my sleep schedule as I got 3 hours after the concert on Saturday night, which was followed by about the same amount every subsequent night. I can blame the influx of three times the amount of homework, thus my lack of sleep, on Dr. Moore, but he did warn us that we would need to have good time management to survive his classes. So, instead of whining about no sleep, I think I will take his advice and try to master my time management and get work done AND get some sleep* (that's right, this is important guys and gals).

One thing that has helped me from falling apart this week has been my host family's kindness to me while I work like crazy. From making me breakfast and coffee, to providing the fruit for my late night snacks, I don't know what I would have done without them.

We went to the Arithmeum today, a museum that has a collection of computation devices from the past. It was extremely fascinating how the scientists and inventors of the enlightenment used gears, cogs, and even a system with a string and two weights. As Dr. Moore said, it was fascinating to see the progression of the machines, each one incorporating an aspect of the previous machine.

Aside from all of that retrospect, I'm going to Barcelona tomorrow! I'm super excited and I'll post ya'll when I get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment