Sunday, March 25, 2012

Another Week in Bonn :)

This week has been as typical as it gets this semester. I can't believe that I have gotten used to saying "Oh, I'm just hanging out in Germany. The usual." Never in my life did I expect this to be usual. As much as I miss family and close friends, I am still so thrilled to be here. One of the great things about being in another country, at least for me, is that I feel more connected to myself. When everything I surround myself with is shifted, it is really easy to notice things about myself that stand out. Not just what foods I miss most, but how I make decisions when I am on my own. One thing I have always been able to count on is having plenty of people around to help me make my decisions. I grew up in the same town and by the time I got old enough to make any decisions, I had lots of old friends. Even the most simple decisions like what to have for dinner, I could consult a friend with a quick text. This new responsibility is surprisingly not at all a burden. I would have guessed that making every decision on my own would be difficult, but I apparently know what I want better than I thought. Something about being pulled away from everything you are used to helps you see what your priorities are.

Here's a sweet shot of me opening birthday cards on my birthday in Barcelona :)

No comments:

Post a Comment