Sunday, March 25, 2012

Barcelona Spring Break 1


Spring break started off on a Friday. I left Bonn on the train and headed towards sunny Barcelona. On my way, I spent the night in Paris at this sort of shady hostel, but it close to the train station, so that was all that mattered. The next day my train took off towards the south of France and eventually Barcelona. The scenery from the train ride was especially awesome. When I was close to Montpellier you could see on one side the ocean, and the other the mountains. Barcelona has definitely been my favorite European city so far! On the first day I was there, I arrived around 3 or 4 and then first thing we did was go get a sandwich that had Iberica ham. Spain, in particular Barcelona loves their ham! The first night we went and had some good Paella on Las Ramblas (the famous street in Barcelona) then we went out a experienced the great night life that Barcelona is famous for. The next day, the group and I walked down Las Ramblas down to the Cristofo Colombo statue that is on the boardwalk. That day we had to go get Mark at the airport. After, Katie made a GREAT dinner. Afterwards, we went to a club with Marks friends that he knows that are studying abroad in Barcelona. To say the least, it was a really late night (morning). While in Barcelona, we went to Parc Guell, which is an amazing park that is designed by Antonio Gaudi. At

the park there was great architecture including the famous mosaic lizard. My favorite thing about Parc Guell was the view from the top of the roof. Up there you could see all of Barcelona. People were playing music and just enjoying life. After the park we walked downhill towards the Sagrada Familia. The church was pretty magnificent. It reminded me off the drip sand castles that you make at the beach. Also in Barcelona we went to the beach for the day. There we had some bocadillos (little sandwiches) and Sangria. That was my favorite thing about Barcelona was the beach. The weather was perfect and it was a great time for relaxing with great friends. And that night I went to the best club of my life, haha. Named Opiummar. I was in Barcelona for a total of 5 days. And each day was so great!! After Barcelona I trained to Grenoble, which is a city in the French alpes. There I visited my roommate Lisa.

No comments:

Post a Comment