Sunday, March 11, 2012

Pressure

After the more exciting beginning of the week, the next few days were filled with work and studying. Starting Monday night I (and most of the other students) put my head down and did everything I could to get through the work given to us before spring break. For me this included math and biomechanics homework, preparing to deliver my lecture on sudden infant death syndrome for physiology, and studying for my differential equations test on Thursday. I found out the times I’m most effective studying, and that the elimination of TV shows from my daily diet made me more efficient. As depressing as this sounds now my life for four days literally consisted of eating, sleeping (on some days), two short workouts at McFit, and studying. Being selective on what to try and get a deeper understanding of while trying to complete a larger volume of work is something of a daunting task, but it was my reality for a few days. Luckily this whole ordeal helped me get an idea for my BMEN 485 project, so there is a silver lining. I feel like everything turned out as well as I could have expected at this point, and know I did the best I could. In the future, though, I plan not to stress as much in these squeezes, because it appears the strain is actually having a negative effect on my work and that I do better when I can relax. Friday, once the pressure was off, we were able to take a pleasant visit to the Arithmeum. Learning about history in a mathematical context and many of the machines and instruments that contributed to its development didn’t sound appealing at first, but it turned out to be one of the most engaging museum visits I’ve had. After all the work was done we went to buy some clothes and last minute materials to pack before heading off to Barcelona for Spring Break. A well-deserved rest is on the horizon…hopefully. Hasta Luego! Here is an early look:


No comments:

Post a Comment