Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Spring Break in Barcelona

Let me first just say that Spring Break was a life-altering experience. I wish I could go back and relive it over and over again.
One of my favorite parts was the day spent at the beach. Kyle and I met with my friend that is studying abroad in Barcelona, and her and her friends made us sandwiches for a picnic. We just sat on the beach and relaxed all day.
The hostel that we stayed at was awesome. The staff was so incredibly helpful, pointing out all the good spots to go, and hosting communal dinners along with helping us out whenever we needed. They also just hung out with us when we were hanging around at the hostel. I was very privledged to have chosen that hostel.
One place that I really liked going to was this park called Parc Guell. It had different levels and at the top there was a beautiful view of the city. I sat next to these two guys playing guitars and singing. It was soooo relaxing and I ended up buying one of their cd's.
Another interesting place was the church built by Gaudi in the late 19th/early 20th century called La Sagrada Familia. It was different than any other cathedral we have visited in Europe. Gaudi used a lot of naturalistic characteristics in his architecture, i.e. the pillars were different sizes and shapes, with branches at the top to resemble trees.
I was lucky to have a friend studying abroad there, as she showed us the cool places to go at night. One in particular was a club called Opium Mar, and it was definitely the best club I've been to in Europe. The music was good, it had an excellent atmosphere, and although the drinks were expensive, the large variety of beautiful ladies made up for it.

All in all my Spring Break was one of the most fun times of my life, and it only added to the wonderful experience of studying abroad in Europe.

No comments:

Post a Comment