Saturday, March 24, 2012

More Birthdays....

     Three birthdays in three days...what a busy weekend! Yesterday was my dad's birthday, so I Skyped with my family for a while and heard about everything that's been going on, including my sister's final decision on where to go to college! I'm so excited that she's finally made her decision, even though it's not A&M.
     Today is Megan's birthday and she's invited everyone over to her host family's house for a Texas-style dinner (tacos!) and some time to hang out without worrying about class.  Now we'll all get to see how much we've really missed good old Tex-Mex food! Yesterday I helped her out with part of the ingredient shopping, which was definitely somewhat of a challenge. Afterward, there is tell of going out somewhere in Bonn or Cologne--sounds like fun!
     Tomorrow after having lost an hour of sleep to daylight-savings time, I'll be driving to Hannover with my host-mom and -brother  for my host-mom's brother-in-law's birthday. Apparently her sister is eager to meet an American student who has some, albeit little, ability in speaking German; two years ago, they brought the students they were hosting who didn't know really any German at all, to the same relative's birthday, and none of the family could really speak English, so I imagine there were more than a couple awkward moments. Hopefully all goes well!

No comments:

Post a Comment