Friday, March 9, 2012

Homework, Exams, and SB2012!


The majority of my week after the clinic was consumed with studying. With the multitude of homework and a test this week, many of us did not end up getting much sleep. However, we managed to get everything done. Today, several of us went to the Arithmeum Museum to learn about the progression of machines that were used to do math calculations. I really liked learning about the different inventions and learning how to use them. One of the devices we learned how to use was the abacus. In all honesty, I had never learned how to use an abacus so I am glad that I had the opportunity to do so today.

After this week, we are all so ready for spring break. Our flight leaves tomorrow for Barcelona and I can’t wait! I actually just finished packing and I was pleasantly surprised that I managed to get all of my things into a hiking backpack and a carry-on. I am so excited to explore a few different cities in Spain and I am excited that I’ll finally be able to have a conversation with someone in the native language. Being in Germany has been a little hard in that respect. I had never taken a German class before so there was a serious language barrier when I arrived. I have managed to learn how to say a few simple phrases and how to order food. However, it is still hard to understand the responses I receive, so, I am excited to be going to Spain so that I can use my Spanish!

Anyway, I hope everyone else has fun where they’re going and I hope everyone comes home safely! See ya!

Source: http://www.arithmeum.uni-bonn.de/en/museum/8/

No comments:

Post a Comment