Monday, March 26, 2012

Post Spring Break week

Spring break was great, but I'm not going to lie, it was weird feeling like I was going home when in reality I was on my way back to Germany. I've sort of gotten into a routine here, and my awesome host family definitely makes me feel like I'm home. Last night, our host sisters Godparents came over for dinner. Afterwards, we sat around the table drinking beer, wine and brandy for about two hours. It was enough for my host mother to convince me to bring the guitar downstairs and play songs for everyone. Needless to say, it was a fun evening. I love my host family.

Nowadays, it's not necessarily an adventure everyday. It's just life - in Germany (which is becoming more and more familiar). Don't get me wrong, there are new and exciting things happening every week. Dr. Wasser and Kristin have done an exemplary job preparing this semester's schedule. This week we'll be going on a bike tour to Remagen and I'll hopefully be observing more surgeries at the University Clinic in Bonn. Recently, I've been playing basketball with my host sister on Tuesdays and last Friday Vincent, Chibuzo and I played a few pick up games at a local high school.

Megan's birthday was also last weekend. It was nice to be able to all get together as a group, share a meal, and celebrate.

I apologize for the lack of pictures this post. There will probably be some more this week.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment