Friday, March 9, 2012

The way to a man's heart

I would like to dedicate one blog post to the food I've experienced. First off, my host mom is a wonderful cook. Every meal that I've had at home has been glorious. I especially like her salads; she puts avocado in almost every one, and avocados are my favorite. Even has leftovers, the entrees she makes are delicious.

When some of us went to Amsterdam, I had a piece of heaven also known as a waffle with hot cherries on it. It was incredible. In Vienna, all of the food was delicious. At one restaurant I had Hungarian gulasch and it was awesome. The last night we all went to an awesome restaurant with a menu full of good eats. I personally had stuffed pork, with cheese, mushrooms, and herbs, with brocolli and potatoes. That was about as close as it gets to Thanksgiving dinner.

In Bonn, we are often patrons of an Italian restaurant called Al Bacio. The sauce that they put on the pasta is the freshest tasting sauce I have ever eaten. It is cheap and delicious. Another thing I eat a lot is a Turkish sandwich called a Döner. It is a half-open roll with lamb, your choice of vegetables, and Tzatziki. These are always a good choice for a quick lunch. We have also discovered a good Asian restaurant called Asia-Viet-Thai. Their curry chicken and rice is to die for.

This upcoming week is spring break and I will be going to Barcelona. Along with beach time, relaxation, and dancing, I am looking forward to trying some of the local food there.

That's all for now! SBXII

No comments:

Post a Comment