Sunday, March 11, 2012

Laser Pointers

Today I made the best and worst decision ever: I made a questionable souvenir purchase. After being heckled all day by street sales people, Chase, Austin and I bought laser pointers. It's great because we talked the guy down an extra 12 euros from 25, and it's a good laser with a phenomenal range. It has the power to point out stars on a dark night, or annoy cats and other animals for hours on end. However, ever since we hade this purchase, we've been acting like 5 year olds; amusing ourselves by watching people try to stomp out a laser from our hostel window. We even sat in our room for 20 minutes playing music and putting on a light show. I believe it was a good investment. Chase mentioned he bought a similar laser in the United States for $85. I've never owned a laser pointer nor looked into prices and compared specifications, but I feel like this particular device is worth 13 euro. Who knows, maybe one day I'll become a teacher and have a legimate use for a laser pointer. Until then, it'll probably be used to harass my girlfriends family pets, point out star constellations while camping and the ocassional experiment on how humans reacts to a high concentration of photons on their shoes. I'm comfortable admitting I may not be the most mature 21 year old out there, but I think the ability to enjoy cheap laughs makes life a little more fun, no matter how many years young you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment