Sunday, March 25, 2012

Goodbye Spring Break, Hello School...

After spring break, this week seemed comparably worse. Granted, there were some definite positives about it but there were also some significant negatives. For example, several of us had a biomechanics test on Friday. I’m sure everyone else in biomechanics will be talking about this test in their blog. Needless to say, despite studying for it, it was a very difficult test. However, after resting this entire weekend, I feel stronger from it. Second, the public transportation went on strike again this week. Kathryn and I ended up taking a taxi to school in the morning and then walking back home in the afternoon. That morning, I had chosen to wear shoes that were not meant for walking long periods of time so I got some uncomfortable blisters on the bottom of my feet. These strikes have opened my eyes to the downside of not having a car in a city that is based primarily around the public transportation system. If you don’t have a car or another mode of transportation, you’re sunk if the transportation system goes on strike.

Ok, I’ll stop ranting now and talk about the good things that happened this week. On Thursday, we went to the anesthesiology museum. I found this museum interesting but what made it all the better was that Dr. Stoeckel, one of the fathers of anesthesiology. He knew so much about the subject that we ended up spending two and a half hours there! It was awesome nonetheless. On Friday, after the biomechanics test, a few of us went to the theater to see the Hunger Games. I was so excited when I found out that we would be able to see the movie in English. I started and finished the series earlier in the trip so I was really looking forward to seeing the movie when it came out. I had so much fun going to the movies with the group! On Saturday, almost the entire group met up at Megan’s house to celebrate her birthday. This was the highlight of my week. I had so much fun eating Mexican food, having some delicious black forest cake, and getting to know the other students a little better. I hope that we can do more things like this in the future! Last, to top off a fantastic weekend, I spent most of it sleeping or lounging. It was so nice to just be able to do nothing for a long period of time. Sadly, this trend will have to end this week so that I can prepare myself for the following week where most of us have two tests.

Anyway, tschuss for now!

PS. My host family also got chickens on Friday so I’m super excited to be able to help take care of them and such! Here’s a picture:

No comments:

Post a Comment