Friday, March 31, 2017

Week 9: Italia

I would like to start off by saying: I. LOVE. ITALY.

This week was by far one of my favorite weeks. I knew I’d have fun but I had no idea I’d have as much fun as I did.


Milan:
First top was Milan. I’m glad we went to Milan first because it was a very beautiful city but there wasn’t a ton of stuff to do. I didn’t realize until we got there that Milan is one of the fashion capital’s of the world. Once you got there though, it became very obvious that it is famous for fashion and shopping. In the town square, there was this really huge building that has every fancy store known to man in it. On our last day there, we walked around the hipster district, which was cool because there weren’t a lot of tourists in that area so you got to see Milan from the eyes of a native.



                                             


Venice:
Venice will forever and always be one of my top 5 favorite places to visit. Venice is just so aesthetically gorgeous to look at. I could’ve literally walked around the whole city and be in such awe of how beautiful it is. It’s so sad that in a few years all of it will be underwater, but that realization makes visiting there even more wonderful.

Cerci and I walked around one night and we got to meet the best Italian man ever named Armando. He was so sweet and gave me and Cerci the “native” discount. We started to talk to him and he was telling us that he and his wife have been married for over 20 years. We asked him the secret of marriage and he said “it’s important to not let the little things get to you and you always have to be forgiving. And the woman is always right [of course].” I decided that when I get married, I’m going to go on my honeymoon in Venice so my future-husband can talk to Aramando.  



Florence:
Florence was very nice as well. My favorite part was going to visit Pisa, Italy and of course seeing (and going to the top) the Leaning Tower of Pisa. Getting to the top was rough because since the tower is leaning there were parts of the stairs that were very steep, which made the climb challenging, but once you get to the top you forget about all of that because it was so incredible.



Rome:
 When in Rome… you get a ice cream that is dipped in chocolate. By far, the best ice cream I’ve ever had in my life. Rome had the most historical sites to see than the other 3 cities. My favorite part of Rome was getting to walk around the Roman ruins. When you are standing there it’s so crazy to think that years ago, there were once these massive (and beautiful) buildings there.



No comments:

Post a Comment