Thursday, March 30, 2017

Week 10

After all of the fun of France and spring break it was finally time to come back to Bonn. My pockets are empty and I'm ready to get back to routine for a while. This last week we had a guest lecturer come in and talk to us about bioethics which I really enjoyed. We got to have a lot of philosophical debate and I've always liked that kind of stuff. We also took our lab exams. I had procrastinated studying quite a bit but managed to pull it together and everything went well. Other than that our Enmodes project has been making progress, but the deadline is approaching very quickly which is a bit scary, but I'm sure we'll get it all together in time.
On the fun side of things, Saturday started out with Big Event. This was actually the first Big Event I've ever done, but it was really cool to see so many people participating in it. We helped out a refugee shelter for a good chunk of the day, primarily sorting out clothes for them. That evening I went out with some friends to celebrate my 20th birthday! It was a lot of fun for sure, and Bonn's nightlife was surprisingly pretty good. My actual birthday came the next day, but I spent all of that day catching up on the work I should have done a few days prior.
It's actually really nice to be back in Bonn and back in a sort of routine for a while. As I'm writing this I'm sick which isn't so great, but hopefully I'll be better soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment