Friday, March 24, 2017

Week 9: Pumping the Spring Breaks

So my Spring Break started off a little on the wrong foot.  So picking up where we left off last time, at the end of our lunch in Versailles I asked our guide Julien how I should get to my airport.  He gave me directions and I got there.  However, this is the smallest, dinkiest, little podunk airport in all of Europe.  I was originally planning on sleeping in the airport because I had a flight at 9:45 to fly to Barcelona.  The airport is so small that they close at night.  So on the poopy airport wifi I looked up the nearest hotel and walked 2.5 miles with my big a$$ suitcase along a highway to get to the airport.  I finally arrived and then checked in and got upgraded for free.  I slept and then took a taxi to the airport the next morning and flew to Barcelona.  I landed in Barcelona only to realize that Nathan, my TA and friend, was on the flight with me.  For the first day I hung out with him and his sister and then eventually made my way back to my hotel (we'll get to the location in a second) to check in.  So I found this nice hotel in the north part of the city.  When I'm following the directions I had on my phone I take a couple of trains and finally get off and it says you are 5 minutes from your destination.  Boy oh boy.  I walk and then turn a corner and face myself with a beast of a hill.  I finally made it to the top and my ass was dripping sweat.  I checked in and settled in to my room and then fried pig nose went exploring the rest of the night.  Over the drinks course of the next few days I went to a bunch of things from Sagrada Familia the Cathedral there in Barcelona to Torre Agbar a super tall colorful modern looking building.  My uncle studied abroad in Barcelona when he went to A&M and so he gave me a whole list of things to do, see, try and kept me busy for my 4 days there.  The 4th day I packed all of my things up and then went to bed early because I had a flight at 6:45 in the morning to Berlin.  The next few days I spent in Berlin with my girlfriend and her family and then flew back to Bonn to hop back onto the BMEN grind.  All in all weeks 8 & 9 were everything I hoped they would be and so much more, wouldn't trade it for a thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment