Sunday, March 5, 2017

Week 6

This week was Karneval! For my costume, I purchased an owl suit from the Karneval store in town. My favorite part of Karneval was all of the parades. We went as a group to a parade in Beuel on Thursday. The parade was exciting because it was our first taste of Karneval. The energy was fun and there was a lot of kamelle (candy) to collect. On Saturday, I went to a local parade in my neighborhood of Buschdorf. I didn't get as much kamelle as I did from the Thursday parade, but it was still fun to be in the Karneval atmosphere. On Sunday, I went to watch the parade that some of the other AIB students were participating in. It was exciting to see them in the parade. The last parade I went to was the one in Bonn on Rosenmontag. It was the largest parade I had ever seen in my life. Cerci and I tried to find the rest of the group, but all of the streets were blocked off and we couldn't make it. We ended up stopping somewhere and squeezed our way through the crowds to see the parade. Even though we missed the beginning of the parade, we still collected a lot of kamelle. My candy bag was full before it even ended. Some of the more interesting items I collected were chopsticks and apple slices. Overall, Karneval was a great experience. It was so cool to see everyone in town dressed up for the festivities. Everyone was really nice as well. It was a very memorable experience and I had a lot of fun.

Ich bin eine Eule!
Kamelle!

No comments:

Post a Comment