Monday, March 27, 2017

Week 9 - Spring Break!


Super Cool Viking Ship
Spring break was awesome! For this trip I decided to go on a solo adventure, just me and my backpack. First off, I flew away to Copenhagen, Denmark. Denmark was fantastic, it really was everything I was hoping for. The city of Copenhagen had lots and lots to do. I got to visit the national museum of Denmark, the Little Mermaid statue, and various other local touristy things. The next day I went to a smaller town called Roskilde to visit their Viking Ship Museum. The town itself was adorable and honestly I could see myself retiring in that area. The viking ship museum was awesome. It had several ships that had been partially restored from various pieces found in the water nearby.
The Best Burger I've Had Here So Far
This burger to the right was the best one I've had in a long long time so I had to write about it. I got like 4 patties with extra bacon and a bunch of other stuff I don't remember. After Denmark I moved on to Oslo, Norway. Hi Nicole. That's where I found the amazing viking ship in the first picture. The viking ship museum in Oslo has the three best preserved viking ships in the world and I basically fangirled over them for a solid hour or two.
In general there was less to do in Norway but the viking ships already made the travel worth it. While I was there I also got to see The Scream painting by Munch. The other museums I went to there were the Fram museum and the Kon-Tiki museum.
Learning to Become a Viking
Over to the left is a picture of me in the Denmark viking ship museum, training for my future. Getting to dress up excited me a bit more than it should have. But I love vikings obviously since that's basically what this trip was based on. I'm really glad I chose to go north, the Scandinavian countries really had a lot to offer, and I'm hoping to go back soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment