Sunday, March 26, 2017

Week 10 - International Big Event

As usual, returning to Bonn after an extended travel excursion promises loads of schoolwork.  This past week was filled with signals and systems and differential equations homework.  Next week we have our signals and systems mid-term on Tuesday and differential equations mid-term on Thursday.  Needless to say, this weekend I am focusing on studying. 

Saturday, we all got a reprieve from our studies for International Big Event.  Big Event at Texas A&M is the largest one day, student-run volunteer project in the nation.  Our Big Event here in Bonn is the biggest international Big Event.  Almost everyone at AIB signed up, even students not from Aggieland.  We all met at the old AIB building to get our tasks and had an impromptu yell practice.  We ended with the War Hymn, and I realized as I was swaying back and forth, locked arms with my fellow aggies, how much I miss my community and traditions at A&M.  It was so much fun sharing our yells and aggie spirit with everyone there. 

I was assigned to volunteer at a warehouse that collects donations for refugees and the homeless.  We spent the morning and early afternoon sorting through donated clothing, culling the poor quality clothes and separating everything into men’s, women’s, children’s, and babies’ boxes.  It was a lot of fun spending time with friends while volunteering.  I tried to focus on staying in the moment as much as possible instead of worrying about all the schoolwork I needed to do.  I was happy to be able to participate in International Big Event!


Wish me luck this week…

No comments:

Post a Comment