Friday, March 24, 2017

Week 8: Frolicking in France

So France was pretty neat.  We left for Colmar and Beaune France on Monday and went through Colmar and saw a neat museum with the most gruesome version of the Passion of Christ.  The museum was interesting and had some neat paintings.  Me and a couple of my cohorts ended up getting lost in the museum and played a game where we walked around and said which paintings we would want in our house.  Eventually, we found our way out and left to go to Beaune.  Beaune was a nice quaint little town.  We had dinner and half celebrated Nick's birthday.  After dinner, we went to our hotel which was nice, and I went up to the room and went to bed.  The next day we all piled onto the bus again and went to Paris.  When we got to Paris we checked into our hotel and then went to dinner at a crêperie.  I have never liked crêpes, so as you can imagine I was not the biggest fan of the place, but I had a good time with the people I was with.  The next day we went on a bike tour which was quite amazing.  It was so much fun to get to ride bikes throughout Paris.  There were a few tumbles, but we ended the day with roughly the same number of people.  Of course we went to the Eiffel tower and the Louvre.  We went to the Eiffel tower at night and went to the top of it where it was beyond windy and rainy.  Did make it any less amazing though.  The next day we went to the Louvre and had a guided tour from Julien who is quite the guy.  The Louvre was very impressive.  The Mona Lisa was also very impressive.  I think it was so impressive for me because everyone always talks it down about how small it is and how much they were let down, so I wasn't going in with high expectations, but when I saw it I was quite impressed.  Although the Mona Lisa was very impressive, it was not my favorite painting.  I don't know the name of it, but there were a few others that I thought were quite magnificent.  We ended our adventure with a trip to Versailles.  Versailles was cool, we had a little mishap getting in because I haven't gotten my visa yet and we needed our visas to get in for free.  But I had a magical little piece of paper saying I was getting a visa so I got to go in.  We walked around Versailles for a while and then met up and had an amazing lunch of fine French cheeses, meats, bread, yogurt, wine, and pretty much anything else you can imagine.  After that I had quite the Spring Break adventure which you'll read about in the next upcoming blog "Pumping the Spring Breaks".  Until next time stay thirsty my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment