Thursday, March 30, 2017

Week 4- Cologne to Leverkusen

At the end of week 4, a group of friends and I visited Cologne to explore more of that great city. We started out at the Chocolate museum which was pretty interesting but most importantly, very tasty. I was mostly happy because although it took a whole month, I had finally branched out and made some awesome friends. After buying our chocolate souvenirs, we mapped out a path throughout Cologne so we could visit six of the biggest brewhouses in the city. We decided we were going to try all of the Kölshes we could and I may have gotten carried away....... Thirteen beers later (they were small ok) we ended the night at Gaffel al Dom where there was live music playing and drunk people all around. It was AWESOME. Rachel and I even made friends from London and Transylvania who met up with us there and enjoyed a drink with us as well. We had to end the night a bit early and head back to Bonn because the next day we had the Leverkusen vs. Frankfurt soccer game to attend!

That game was actually really intense (even though we, Leverkusen, won 3-0). Europeans love their fußball. The crowd was rowdy as can be, I thought I was at a fightin' Texas Aggie Football game for a second. There was a time during the game where I felt so bad for the players because they were getting rained on and it was literally freezing outside. My friends and I stayed warm with some warm wine (sounds weird I know) which was actually very good! In the end we had a great time and it felt good to just take a break that weekend from all the work we were doing (mostly 211 lol). Also, sorry for no pictures this week but the one picture we took at the soccer game-- I look hideous. So until next time, stay tuned (:

No comments:

Post a Comment